- Cut the jam into strips and lay out on a serving dish, leaving the centre clear for the egg and potato.
- Peel the potatoes and pat them dry with a cloth (without washing), then slice them thinly (approx. 2 mm). Finely chop the onion.
- Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium high heat. Once the oil is hot and smoking add the potato and onion mixture.
- Turn down the heat and fry, turning the potatoes from time to time, until they are done – about 10 minutes.
- Empty the contents of the frying pan into a colander and drain off the oil into a bowl.
- Return the frying pan to the heat with a little of the collected olive oil. Add the potato mixture together with the beaten eggs. Stir the mixture continuously to achieve the desired texture (remember you are not trying to make a tortilla!).
- Transfer to the serving dish and garnish with the parsley.
200g Castro Iberico Cebo de Campo Ham Slices (2 packs x 100g)
3 medium sized potatoes
Brindisa Arbequina Olive Oil (Click Here To Add To Cart)
6 large eggs, beaten with a pinch of salt and pepper
torn or coarsely chopped parsley leaves